Learn how to craft your unique sound design in this original series of Ableton Live tutorials!
Together with sound designer Giuseppe Caiazzo we came up with this simple format where we gave ourselves three main rules:
- Use only Ableton plugins
- Keep the videos nice and short
- Provide techniques suitable both for sound design and music
In this video:
We look at this interesting combination of Granulator and Resonator, which results in a very straight-forward method to create customised pitched textures.
The idea we are trying to push here is to avoid synth presets and to experiment all the time, in order to distinguish your sound from anyone else’s.
We keep having a good response on these tutorials, what would you like to see in the next one? Comment below!
Latest posts by Giuseppe Caiazzo (see all)
- sounDesign tutorial #3: Create original tones and pitched textures by combining Granular Synthesis and Resonator - November 6, 2017
- sounDesign tutorial #2: Add complexity to your beats using grain delay - October 18, 2017
- sounDesign tutorial #1: How to create cinematic textures in 5 minutes - October 4, 2017